How your dentist in Southbury, CT, uses laser dentistry to improve your oral health!
Laser dentistry is a state-of-the-art alternative to traditional dental handpieces. Holding the capability to fix a variety of dental issues, lasers produce light and heat to modify both hard and soft tissues within the mouth. Read on to learn more about what this innovative dental approach can do for you, and if you are in need of treatment, please call Dr. Gary J. Westerman in Southbury, CT, to schedule an appointment!
More about laser dentistry
Laser dentistry offers you many benefits that traditional handpieces don’t. When you choose laser dentistry, you will enjoy:
- More comfortable treatment, in some cases even alleviating the need for anesthetic
- Much quicker treatment, with minimal downtime and shorter healing time
- Less risk of infection with less bleeding during and after treatment
- Faster treatment because lasers work much faster than surgical tools and handpieces
- Conservative treatment because less tissue is removed
- Beautiful results because laser treatment is much more precise than conventional tools
These are just a few of the most common hard and soft tissue uses of lasers in dentistry:
- Detecting tiny areas of decay that can’t be detected with conventional tools
- Removing decay and preparing teeth for dental restorations
- Etching the tooth surface to prepare teeth for dental restorations
- Examining soft tissue and helping to detect early signs of oral cancer
- Killing bacteria in deep periodontal pocket areas to help heal infected tissue
- Removing excess gum tissue to reveal more of your teeth and create a harmonious smile
- Recontouring gum tissue to create a more balanced, more beautiful smile
To read more detailed information about dental lasers, please visit the Dental Lasers section on Dr. Westerman’s website at https://drgarywesterman.com/laser-dentistry.
Need dental work done? give us a call!
Dental lasers have made dental procedures easier, quicker, and much more precise. They can provide results that will increase the beauty of your smile. To find out more about how dental lasers work and how they can help your smile, talk with an expert—call Dr. Gary J. Westerman in Southbury, CT, today at (203) 264-5630!