Southbury Laser Dentistry
Dr. Westerman offers a full array of dental services to help you achieve and maintain healthy teeth and an attractive smile. You can read more on this page about specific services.
We value the comfort of our patients. Nitrous oxide (“laughing gas”) is available, and can be helpful for apprehensive patients and younger children. We can utilize “drill-less dentistry” for fillings in many instances. Our Waterlase hard and soft tissue laser can accomplish decay removal without local anesthetic (Novocain), with little or no feeling, under many circumstances. We also use microabrasion for small cavities; this uses a finely focused spray of powder instead of the laser.
Prevention of dental problems is very important to us. We utilize digital x-rays in our practice, which not only reduce radiation exposure to our patients by over 50% relative to traditional film x-rays, but offer superior images for both dentist and patient to see instantly.
Dr. Westerman performs many specialty procedures here, so you often don’t need to travel to another office. In addition, we do have a wonderful network of talented specialists to whom we refer our patients when needed.
Regular dental visits are essential to make sure oral health problems — from tooth decay to oral cancer — are detected and treated in a timely manner. At our office, your oral health is our paramount concern. We want to make sure your teeth stay healthy, function well and look great! From regular cleanings and exams to advanced restorative treatments, all of your routine dental needs can be met right here.
Services we offer include:
- Affordable Dental Care, inexpensive, personalized treatment
- Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Dental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today
- Fillings, to make your teeth strong and healthy again
- Laser Dentistry, modern technology for disease detection and treatment
- Nitrous Oxide, to make you feeling more comfortable during treatment
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect disease at a curable stage
- Orthodontic Treatment, to move teeth into the right position
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease Therapy, to prevent tooth loss
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- Professional Teeth Cleanings, to maintain good oral health
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Root Canal Treatment, to save an infected tooth
- Sealants, to protect children's teeth from decay
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- TMJ/TMD Treatment, for chronic jaw pain
- Tooth Extractions, when a tooth is hopelessly damaged or decayed
Emergency Dental Treatment
If you have a life-threatening or severe injury, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room. We can treat a variety of traumatic dental injuries, including teeth that have been chipped, moved, or knocked out entirely. Please call our office for assistance.